2020 1st Quarter SOQ – American Porters and Stouts
Due to COVID19, this SOQ has not yet been judged… stay tuned as we are trying to judge this now (in July 2020).
Click here for the presentation from our January 13th club meeting for a talk on these styles by Steve Altimari from Highwater Brewing in Lodi!
For this SOQ we are going to brew the least-entered style in our 2019 World Cup of Beer: American Porters and Stouts. This comprises the following BJCP 2015 Style Guidelines:
- 20A American Porter
- 20B American Stout
- 20C Imperial Stout (Our World Cup judges this alone in a separate category)
The entries for this SOQ will coincide with the 2020 World Cup of Beer so that any entry in these styles by a BAM member will automatically qualify for our friendly SOQ competition. Important entry details:
1. Entries are due at noon on March 11, 2020 (OakBarrel or other official drop-off location).
2. You must register as an entrant on worldcupofbeer.com
3. You must indicate your BAM membership on the entry sheet.
4. Be sure to follow all the other rules and details on worldcupofbeer.com such as the drop-off locations etc.
Once all entries are scored in the World Cup competition, we will rank BAM beers as a subset for our normal prizes, noted in the rules page.