SOQ 2022 2nd Quarter: Brewing with Girl Scout Cookies
Do you already miss girl scout cookies? Well now’s the time to immortalize your cookie craving by brewing a beer to play off the flavor of your favorite girl scout cookie!
Thanks to Greg for inspiring the challenge and for his presentation that you can find here which has plenty of ideas to consider, such as the following:
- Pastry Stout made with Samoas (Carmel, Chocolate & Coconut)
- Hefe with Lemon-ups
- Peanut Butter Porter
- Bock Shortbread
- what else can you come up with?
Need to secure some cookies? Buy/reserve your cookies here.
Develop a recipe or find one online Submit three (3) bottles:
- One will be used for judging with scores and feedback
- One will be used for finals judging: a mini-BOS to occur live during the July meeting
- One will be shared with membership during July BAM meeting
Due date: June 25th (End of day/closing) by delivering to:
- Oak Barrel in Berkeley
- Ian’s share box in South Berkeley
- (or reach out to me if you’re having trouble with those dropoff points)
Label should be attached to bottles with rubber band. Must include:
- YOUR NAME
- Base beer
- Must declare which cookie type was used/attempted
- PLEASE INDICATE “BAM SOQ”
- Any Beer made with Girl Scout Cookies as an ingredient
- Any Beer which successfully resembles the flavor of any style of Girl Scout Cookie